Sunday, April 15, 2012

Jesus Did These Things For You and Me: 38

38 Jesus nail scarred hands
38. Jesus showed the disciples the scars on his hands. Luke 24: 39

Thomas did not believe. He was not there with the ten the night of the resurrection. Luckily, belief in Christ does not require that each of us physically see and touch his nail scarred hands.

“Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe.”

Those were pretty powerful words that  “Didymus” spoke.

Like the twin, we too put our foot in our mouth and end up eating our own words…

The following Sunday, Thomas would be chastised for his words as Jesus spoke,

“Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side; and be not faithless, but believing.”

Thomas did see. He did touch. He did believe. He did proclaim, “My Lord and my God.”

Jesus’ dozen appearances following the resurrection were to His few faithful followers. Then, they could see, feel, and touch. Now, we must believe on faith.

Do as Jesus commanded, “blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.”


Do so because of what He has done

for you and for me.

sig purple

No comments: