Monday, March 22, 2010

Waiting on the Lord

I was unable to post last week due to technical problems related to my internet connection. Perhaps  I should have written a post in a word document, put it on a jump drive, carried it to another site and loaded it to the blog; but I took my inability to post as a sign. Was there a message here that I was not getting?

Was my compulsiveness with having a daily post making my writing more about "me" and less about "the message"? I would like to argue that it was not, but the frustration and panic that I experienced in not having something, anything, posted, was an indication that I needed a real attitude check.

When it finally hit that the Lord might be working with me, I was overcome with a sense of peace. I felt the Lord would allow me to write again, but not until I allowed for Him to do His good thing in me. I was willing to be obedient and wait a season.

At the end of the work day on Friday, March 19, the internet repairmen were at the door. The new radio they installed had double the strength. My internet functioning was now truly "high speed".

I am sharing all of this minutiae in order that others can glean from my experiences. Sometimes our humanness gets so entrenched with wordly deadlines, perameters, and desires that we loose sight of the original intent. My purpose in creating this blog was to share insight and observations. It was never meant to dictate daily droning. It took some Heavenly intervention, forcing me to step back and realize the emphasis was to be the  "message" not  "messenger".

When the world becomes all encompassing, when schedules and demands blur the focus, when there is no joy on the journey, stop for a moment. Take time to regroup. Ask the Lord for renewal, rejuvenation, revival. The world will not stop turning. The universe will not come to a screaching halt. The sun will not cease to shine. What will happen is that life will come back into focus. With balance restored, there will be new clarity.

I am pleased to be back at my computer, sharing my thoughts and exhortations about subjects which interest and compel me. It may turn out that I have a new post on most days. Yet, there may be times that days go by between posts. If so, be assured that I am here, waiting,  focusing, and recharging for the season at hand. M


Psalms 119:34-37 Give me understanding, and I will keep your law and obey it with all my heart. Direct me in the path of your commands, for there I find delight. Turn my heart toward your statutes and not toward selfish gain. Turn my eyes away from worthless things; preserve my life according to your word.
 
Psalms 27:14 Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.


Isaiah 40:31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.