Friday, July 3, 2020

Just One Pot, Series Two, Book Five, Lottie & Friends

Just One Pot
with scripture describing the
seven Spirits of The LORD


        The Word of God has so much to say about the potter and the clay. When I first began researching this subject, I knew there was a story to tell. I had no way of knowing; however, how rich and profound it would be. Also, just as with many of the previous stories I have written, The Holy Spirit led me in a direction that I could not have anticipated. He showed me to teach about The Seven Spirits of The LORD. Sure enough, the pot, the potter, and the characteristics of the Seven Spirits all lined up so perfectly that it could only have come about by those very Spirits referenced in “Just One Pot.”

I want to acknowledge the visit and time I was able to spend in the Dave Drake Studio Barn at The Bascom: A Center For The Visual Arts in Highlands, North Carolina where Director of Ceramics, Frank Vickery, led me through the process of throwing at the wheel. He graciously answered all of my questions and gave me a great appreciation for the fine art of pottery making. It is not an easy art and requires much experience and patience.

I have added a new feature which allows the reader to fast read through “Just One Pot.” Recognizing that very young children might get overwhelmed with the depth of the information, reading only the text on the pink colored boxes should give them enough of the storyline to enjoy without weighing down their little minds with the depth of the teaching. It also gives the person reading the book the opportunity for shortcuts on late nights.

I am so happy to present this tale of Little Monkey as he imitates the potter, 
Abraham Mc Carver. It is my desire that those who hear this story will come to a greater understanding of the Seven Spirits of The LORD. In doing so may His WORD be food and water to your spirit as it did in the days of Nehemiah: 


“Thou gavest also thy good spirit to instruct them, and withheldest not thy manna from their mouth, and gavest them water for their thirst.” Nehemiah 9:20





To listen to the author reading this book on YouTube: JustOnePot

No comments: