Thursday, February 11, 2010

Well Wishes for you in Heaven ~ Papa Day 2010

I have heard it said that belief in Heaven becomes so much more important to those who have lost a loved one because they have a vested interest in its existence. My father passed away one year ago today. For me, that statement has proven to be very accurate.

The pain in my heart after my father's passing was long lasting. It felt as if the string of a kite was wrapped securely around my heart. With every upward gust, the hold on my heart tightened as if it would be ripped from my chest. As the days and months separated themselves from the funeral, the hold lessened and the pain subsided. As this first year anniversary drew nearer, that old familiar hurt returned, growing unto this day.

I penned these words a year ago:

My heart is a pendulum
swinging between my memories
of you on this earth
and my well wishes
for you in Heaven

Perhaps you can relate to my feelings and experiences. Perhaps, unfortunately, you have a loved one who is not expected to be on this earth much longer. Or, perhaps you know of others who might need comfort in this regard. No matter the reason, in honor of my earthly father, I thought I would use this day to talk a little about our Heavenly Father's House. aka: Heaven.*

I am inserting the scriptures related to this discussion at the end of the post.


Heaven is the place of eternity for those who love the Lord, Jesus.

Heaven is an immediate path from earth.
One minute here. Next minute there.

Jesus is already in Heaven.
He has prepared it for us.
He awaits us.
There will be no more pain and suffering in Heaven.
No tears unless those of joy.
The people of God, in Heaven,
have a familial connection with those on earth.
The saints in Heaven can see and comment
on what is happening here on earth.
We will recognize the forefathers in Heaven.
God will be present in Heaven.
Heaven is a joyful place with much singing and rejoicing.


I found a great quote. It states:

GOD HAS PREPARED A PLACE
FOR THE PREPARED PEOPLE

My father's life witness tells me that he was a member
of that group of "prepared people".
In reading the scriptures that expound
 on Heaven, I am comforted,
learning that Heaven is a place
of unimaginable beauty,
unending joy, and undeniable glory.
Our citizenship is meant to be in Heaven.
My well wishes to all who have taken up
residence in the House of the Lord!
(Daddy, save a seat by the throne...)    M


Listen to Mercy Me sing their song about Heaven:


* A great deal of information came from
the book Heaven by Randy Alcorn.

John 3:16  "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son,
that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Luke 23:42-43 Then he said,
"Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom."
 Jesus answered him, "I tell you the truth,
 today you will be with me in paradise"
Colossians 3:1 Since, then, you have been raised with Christ,
set your hearts on things above,
where Christ is seated at the right hand of God.


John 14:2-3 In my Father's house are many rooms;
if it were not so, I would have told you.
I am going there to prepare a place for you.
And if I go and prepare a place for you,
I will come back and take you to be with me
that you also may be where I am.

Acts 7:55-56 But Stephen, full of the Holy Spirit,
looked up to heaven and saw the glory of God,
and Jesus standing at the right hand of God. 
 "Look," he said, "I see heaven open and the Son of Man
standing at the right hand of God."


Romans 8:34 Who is he that condemns?
Christ Jesus, who died--more than that,
who was raised to life--
is at the right hand of God
and is also interceding for us.

Revelation 6: 9-11  When he opened the fifth seal,
I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain
because of the word of God and the testimony they had maintained. 
 They called out in a loud voice,
 "How long, Sovereign Lord, holy and true,
until you judge the inhabitants of the earth and avenge our blood?"
Then each of them was given a white robe,
and they were told to wait a little longer,
until the number of their fellow servants and brothers
who were to be killed as they had been was completed.


Revelation 5:8-9 And when he had taken it,
the four living creatures and the twenty-four
elders fell down before the Lamb.
Each one had a harp and they were
 holding golden bowls full of incense,
which are the prayers of the saints.
 And they sang a new song:
"You are worthy to take the scroll
and to open its seals,
because you were slain,
and with your blood you purchased men for God
from every tribe and language and people and nation."


Luke 15:7  I tell you that in the same way
there will be more rejoicing in heaven
over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine
righteous persons who do not need to repent.
 Luke 16:22   "The time came when the beggar died
and the angels carried him to Abraham's side.
The rich man also died and was buried.
Revelation 21:3-4 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying,
"Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them.
They will be his people, and God himself
will be with them and be their God.
 He will wipe every tear from their eyes.
There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain,
 for the old order of things has passed away."


Revelation 22:4 They will see his face,
and his name will be on their foreheads.
Luke 6:21 Blessed are you who hunger now,
for you will be satisfied.
Blessed are you who weep now,
for you will laugh.
John 5:24-26  "I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word
and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned;
he has crossed over from death to life.
I tell you the truth, a time is coming and has now come when the dead
will hear the voice of the Son of God and those who hear will live.
For as the Father has life in himself, so he has
granted the Son to have life in himself.
Romans 8:38-39  For I am convinced that neither death nor life,
neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future,
nor any powers,  neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation,
will be able to separate us from the love of God
that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Revelation 5:13 Then I heard every creature in heaven and on
earth and under the earth and on the sea,
and all that is in them, singing:
"To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be praise
and honor and glory and power, for ever and ever!"