Saturday, January 9, 2010

Day One: The launching

I want to express the pure joy I am experiencing at having a means to express  and journal my personal thoughts. My purpose in launching this blog is to have a forum for documenting information that I have gathered over the years relating to a variety of subjects. Some will be related to general health and wellness, other will be spiritual insight derived from study, and other will be just plain fun and silliness in which I delight!

If you are reading this blog, please indulge me as I engage in this obvious and admitted one sided conversation. Hopefully there will be others out there who will find value in what I have to impart. For those who do not, well, just travel on.

I want to post on this, my first day of blogging, a piece of my favorite scripture found in Jeremiah 6:16

"Thus saith the Lord: stand at the crossroads and look,
and ask for the ancient paths, where the good way lies;
and walk in it, and find rest for your souls."

Only recently did I find a great companion piece to this in Galatians 6:2-10

"Whether you turn to the right or to the left,
your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying,
'This is the way; walk in it.'"

I have these pieces of scripture memorized and recite them in my prayer time each day. I know that the Lord has a plan for all of our lives. Why not ask Him each morning to show us the path for the day. After all, He is our great caring shepherd. Listen for His voice this day and happy trails! M